Some of the AIEA members have a military background, and we think this provides a great foundation for their careers as interim mangers.
Ex-ADF personnel offer unique capabilities as strategic resources to business in manufacturing, resources and commerce. Over the course of their military service, no expense has been spared to give them the excellent training and education that they now possess.
What are the qualities of the ‘Military Veteran’?
- Veterans come from a culture built for mission accomplishment in mind.
- Veterans have ingrained leadership talents
- Veterans take their responsibilities seriously. Veterans have passed through trials that most people haven’t, ensuring that they are responsible individuals who can successfully carry out their duties.
- Intuition is a skill, and the military teaches it. What many people think is that leaders are born. Not in the ADF. Military personnel have been trained to absorb as much information as possible from a variety of sources — to always intuit the best choice available to them.
- Military people will openly tell you when something is wrong. They have a questioning and honest mentality and will not be afraid of telling bosses when an idea could use a second look.
- Military people will get the job done. They know what it means to have something that needs to be done. They have a sense of urgency and have seen the world through a big picture type mentality.
- When given the necessary support, veterans are extremely capable. When given a proper framework and adequate training they can amaze you at how hard they can work and what they can get done.
- Veterans are independent. Veterans are more likely than other demographic groups to start their own businesses and possess a resourcefulness can help companies grow quickly from the inside.
- Military personnel know the meaning of hard work. When on deployment they work every day. Every single day. There are no holidays, no weekends, no birthdays. It is the same thing every day.
It has been your taxpayer dollars that was expended in the making of these people, so now is the time to recoup some of that investment to benefit your business. Think of it as an injection of:
- Critical thinking
- Work ethic
- Multicultural awareness
- Interpersonal communications
- Willingness to learn
- Working under pressure
- Respect for procedures/accountability
- Willingness/ability to learn new skills and concepts
We don’t have a separate category of membership for our Veterans; they are treated and respected the same as the other members. To find you next superman or wonder-woman, veteran or not, just post a link to your vacancy on AIEA-Jobs.